Welcome to Mrs Darley's Blog

This blogspot has been created especially for those who wish to share their ideas and thoughts about the natural world as the year turns and the ancient Pagan festivals that were once celebrated by our ancestors.

Poetry, prose craft work, ancient cure craft and general thoughts and feelings on how the change in the weather and seasons makes you feel are all encouraged and welcomed.

Mrs Darley was my once next door neighbour when I lived amongst the wilds of Bodmin Moor in Cornwall back in the early 1990's. Her charismatic ways and unending wisdom lead me on a journey of self discovery as I spiralled ever further into her magical world.

She has since become the central character in the 'Mrs Darley' series of books.

Mrs Darley's Pagan Whispers

Mrs Darley's Moon Mysteries

Mrs Darley's Pagan Elements

Mrs Darley's Pagan Healing Wisdom






Tuesday 21 December 2010

Winter Solstice Blessings


On this the shortest day of the year, the light of hope shines in the darkness and heralds a time of renewal and beginnings. The following is an extract from 'Mrs Darly's Pagan Whispers'.

'Leaving for work one morning just as it was getting light, a few days before Christmas, I could just make outthe silhouette of Mrs Darley sitting on her doorstep, wrapped cosily in a warm shawl. Thinking she was locked out, I asked if she needed any help.
She shook her head, "No thank you dear, I'm waiting."
"I see," I said, not wishing to ask for whom.
"I'm waiting for the sun," she said, answering my silent question. "This is one of the most momentous occasions of the northern hemisphere when the sun begins His journey back to full strength. Most people let it slip by without a word, without even knowing. You should stay a moment."
"I can't," I said, "I have an early meeting."
"So have I," said Mrs Darley, her eyes never wavering from the distant horizon.'

Solstice blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment