Although it is still strictly speaking winter time, there's something about entering the month of March that makes us turn our thoughts towards spring. As a result many of us think about the inevitable spring clean, but is it enough just to clean our homes of dust and grime or should we be looking to actually cleanse the space we live in on an energy level too?
Just as we like to feel healthy and energetic, our homes too benefit from free flowing energy and fortunately clearing the air can be both a simple and rewarding task that most of us can manage to fit into our busy lifestyles. Below are just a few ideas.
- Fill a small dish with water and add to it a teaspoon of salt. If you would like to add a pleasant aroma then essential oil of Cypress or Frankinense is recommended for their cleansing properties. Walk clockwise around each room sprinkling the salted water into all the dark corners whilst saying the following: 'Cleanse this place, my sacred space'.
- Ring a bell, play a singing bowl, clap your hands, drum, or sing in each room as the vibration on sound will raise the energy.
- Light a smudge stick (a bunch of tied sage) or an incense stick and walk clockwise around the room, chanting the words above.
- If you are a reiki practitioner you can use reiki energy to cleanse your room or if not you can simply use the power of visualise a bright white light illuminating your home and clearing all negativity.
- You may wish to place crystals in the corners of your room, each of which carry their own vibrations although clear quartz is reknowned for space clearing.
Happy Spring Clearing!